- Received Tencent AI Lab Rhino-Bird Gift Fund from my very own former PhD student Dian Yu.
- Co-chairing IE area for NAACL2019.
- I'm giving a distinguished invited speech at 2018 International Conference on Data Science.
- I'm giving a keynote speech at AIRS2018.
- ELISA is selected as one of few demos for DARPA 60th Anniversary.
- Our paper on moral value got the cover of Nature Human Behavior.
- PhD students on 2019 job market: Di Lu, Tongtao Zhang and Xiaoman Pan.
- Organizing a new KBP2018 EDL task for 7,297 entity types, task spec is here.
- Cross-lingual Entity discovery and Linking system APIs for 282 languages are publicly available now here, improved models for 39 languages, demos: EDL Demo and Heatmap Demo
- Two of our system demos are chosen for DARPA Demo Day: EDL for 282 Languages and Multi-media Event Extraction and Recommendation. Our Joint Information Extraction system is selected for ARL Transition Day.
- Co-chaired the program committee of NAACL2018. Check chair blog
- I'm hiring 5-7 new PhD RAs in 2019. Drop me a CV if interested.