Edward P. Hamilton Development Chair Associate Professor
Office: Room 2148, Winslow
- Review requests - I'm overwhelmed by travels and work through the whole summer, and so I won't be able to do any paper review service. Please consider my former PhD students who are all more knowledgable than me.
- Congratulations Prof. Han's student Chi Wang for winning the highly competitive KDD doctoral dissertation award! I've never been so proud of being one of the nominators! Way to go Chi! Top universities should grab him as a faculty member this year!
- July 5: Blender Pool Party @ my house - bring all family members & significant others!
- Composed a full-star keynote speaker team for the 10th CIPS summer school for Chinese NLP students, right before ACL: including David Chiang, Yang Liu, Vincent Ng and Nianwen Xue.
- Openings for visiting professors, post-docs, PhD RAs, undergraduate RAs are available immediately. Please read these notes before apply. I especially welcome woman and/or non-Chinese (not discriminating, just to increase the diversity of my group) PhD students to join us in Spring 2016. I'm also looking for 2-3 new post-docs who can start this summer/fall.
- Highly recommend two RPI stars on the job market:
- my PhD student Hao Li, looking for a research scientist position.
- Dr. Yulia Tyshchuk, looking for a faculty position. Yulia collaborated closely with me and will be co-advised by me and William Wallace as a post-doc in 2016.
- I also highly recommend the rising super star Tao Ge to whoever is going to pick him up after his extremely productive visit to RPI and after his PhD.