- UIUC Computer Science is hiring many tenure-track / tenured faculty members, I'm chairing the NLP/ML/AI recruitng subcommittee, please drop me CVs/questions!
- Launching UIUC NLP Seminar! I'm inviting many of my beautiful friends to town. We are also doing a weekly NLP reading club.
- We are fully funded to start the exciting and ambitious DARPA KAIROS project.
- Congratulations to Ying, Di, Ananya and Yixin for their accepted EMNLP2019 papers!
- Our AIDA Multimedia Multilingual Knowledge Extraction system (collaborations with Columbia and ARL) is selected for DARPA Demo Day. A preliminary version of the demo is available for feedback.
- I'm hiring! research faculty members, research scientists, post-docs, PhD/master/undergraduate RAs, program managers and software engineers. Drop me a CV if interested.
- Upcoming talks: Keynote speeches at China National Conference on Computational Linguistics, Singapore NLP Symposium, EMNLP2019 workshop on Deep Learning for Low-resource NLP, and IEEE Big Data Workshop on Graph Techniques for Adversarial Activity Analytics; and invited talks at Thomas Reuters and Apple.
- My official ads for woman PhD applicants - work hard and play hard with me!
- Organizing a new KBP2019 EDL task for 7,297 entity types, the website is up now KBP2019.
- PhD students on 2020 job market: Lifu Huang (academia), Xiaoman Pan (industry) and Ying Lin (industry).