- Joint paper with Morteza Dehghani got accepted by Nature Human Behavior.
- Giving invited talks at Northwestern Univ and UMass about IE for scientific knowledge discovery.
- Organizing a new KBP2018 EDL task for 7,297 entity types, task spec will be released soon.
- Co-chairing the program committee of CCL/NLP-NABD2018.
- Congratulations my former PhD student Hao Li becoming the VP of Goldman Sachs and leading NLP/ML research, especially on IE and KBP related problems. I'm very proud:)
- Excited to give another tutorial on Entity Discovery and Linking after four years at ACL2018, focusing on Multi-lingual Cross-lingual perspective, along with Dan Roth, Avi Sil and Silviu-Petru Cuverzan.
- Honored to be an invited speaker for COLING2018 Workshop on Events and Stories in the News.
- Cross-lingual Entity discovery and Linking system APIs for 282 languages are publicly available now here, improved models for 39 languages, demos: EDL Demo and Heatmap Demo
- Two of our system demos are chosen for DARPA Demo Day: EDL for 282 Languages and Multi-media Event Extraction and Recommendation. Our Joint Information Extraction system is selected for ARL Transition Day.
- Co-chairing the program committee of NAACL2018. Check chair blog
- I'm hiring 2-4 new RAs and 2-4 new post-docs in 2018. Drop me a CV if interested.